Belstone is a small village and civil parish in the West Devon District of Devon, England. Lying on the northern side of Dartmoor, the western boundary of the parish is mostly formed by the East Okement River and the eastern by the River Taw; its highest point is Belstone Tor in the south, at 1,508 feet. The parish is surrounded, clockwise from the north, by the parishes of Sticklepath, South Tawton, Dartmoor Forest and Okehampton Hamlets. In 2001 its population was 257, relatively unchanged from the 1901 figure of 236.
The village, recorded in the Domesday Book as Bellestam, is central in its parish and lies at around 990 feet above sea level. It is only accessible by minor roads from the A30 road, east of the town of Okehampton, which is about three miles to the north-west. The parish church, dedicated to St. Mary, dates from the 13th century and has priests recorded from 1260.
In the 19th century, copper was worked on the moor at Taw River mine which closed in 1892, and at Greenhill in the north-east.
The story of The Ballad of the Belstone Fox by David Rook was based on the area, later made into a film The Belstone Fox in 1973.