|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Portsdown Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Havant Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Havant, Hampshire, England||civil parish into which it was part absorbed in 1933|
|Rowlands Castle, Hampshire, England||civil parish into which it was part absorbed in 1933|
|Havant District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Bedhampton is a former village and, since 1974, a suburb of the Borough of Havant, Hampshire, England. It is located at the northern end of Langstone Harbour and at the foot of the eastern end of Portsdown Hill.
Bedhampton was a civil parish until 1932 when it was abolished. About two-thirds was transferred into Havant civil parish and the remainder was part of the area forming the new civil parish of Rowlands Castle.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on Bedhampton.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Bedhampton, Hampshire, England | Portsdown Hundred, Hampshire, England | Havant Rural, Hampshire, England | Havant, Hampshire, England | Rowlands Castle, Hampshire, England | Havant District, Hampshire, England