|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Horton, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Castle Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Tynemouth Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1912|
|Blyth, Northumberland, England||urban district into which it was transferred in 1912|
|Blyth, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1920|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Bebside is a former coal mining village in Northumberland, in England. It is situated to the west of Blyth. The mine associated with the village operated between 1858 and 1926.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bebside from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BEBSIDE, a township in Horton parish, Northumberland; on the Blyth railway, 2¾ miles W of Blyth. It has a [railway] station, and extensive iron-works. Population: 53."
Bebside was a township in the ancient parish of Horton and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Tynemouth Rural District. In 1912 the civil parish was transferred to Blyth Urban District/Municipal Borough and then in 1920 Bebside was abolished completely and the area absorbed into the civil parish of Blyth.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Bebside, Northumberland, England | Horton, Northumberland, England | Castle Ward, Northumberland, England | Tynemouth Rural, Northumberland, England | Blyth, Northumberland, England