- Beauharnois was a ville in the historical county of Beauharnois.
- The ville of Beauharnois was established on 1 Jul 1855
- On 1 Jan 2002, the ville of Beauharnois merged with the ville of Maple Grove and the village of Melocheville. This new municipality adopted the name Beauharnois, and is currently located in the Regional County Municipality of Beauharnois-Salaberry, Montérégie, Québec, Canada.
- "BEAUHARNOIS, the chief town of the county of Beanharnois, chef-lieu of the district of Beauharnois, situated on Lake St. Louis, formed by the St. Lawrence, 28 miles S.W. of Montreal. It contains several factories, grist mills, a pottery, a number of stores, two churches, several schools, a convent, hospital, telephone office, printing office and a branch of the Banque Jacques Cartier, and has a large trade in horses, grain, lumber, firewood and coal. During season of navigation steamers ply daily between Montreal and Beauharnois. It has telegraph and express offices. The Town is lighted by electricity, has a first-class steam fire engine and 1,200 feet hose in case of deficiency from the water-works. It as excellent water-power, which is about to be increased largely, being supplied by a feeder from the St. Lawrence to the St. Louis. It is a favorite summer resort, is a station of the Beauharnois Junction Railway (G.T.R.) Pop. 1,590."
Maps and Gazetteers
- ↑ Source:Canada, Quebec. Code Géographique Du Québec
- ↑ Source:Canada, Quebec. Répertoire Des Municipalités Du Québec
- ↑ Source:Bibliothèque nationale du Québec (BNQ), Digital Collections: Postcards