|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Bywell St. Andrew, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Hexham Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Bywell, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bearl from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
BEARL, a township in Bywell-St. Andrew parish, Northumberland; 5 miles E of Corbridge. Acres: 421. Population: 58. Houses: 10.
Bearl was originally a township in the ancient parish of Bywell St. Andrew. From 1894 it was part of Hexham Rural District. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, but in 1955 it was absorbed into Bywell.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Bearl, Northumberland, England | Bywell St. Andrew, Northumberland, England | Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England | Hexham Rural, Northumberland, England | Bywell, Northumberland, England