Bawsey is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The village is about 4 miles (6 km) east of the town of King's Lynn and 40 miles (65 km) west of the city of Norwich. The village sits astride of the B1145 Kings Lynn to Mundesley road that dissects North Norfolk west to east.
The civil parish has an area of 6.81 km2 and in the 2011 census had a population of 216 in 105 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
The church was dedicated to St.James and has been in ruins since at least 1745, its distinctive remains will be familiar to anyone who has travelled the A149 towards Hunstanton, standing high on a hill at Church Farm. It probably started life as a monastic settlement before becoming the parochial church of Bawsey.