|Alt names||Barningham Magna||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Barningham-Winter||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Barningham Winter||source: A Vision of Britain through Time|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||North Erpingham Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Erpingham Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Matlaske, Norfolk, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|North Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municiplaity covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Barningham-Town from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BARNINGHAM-TOWN, or [Barningham] Winter, or [Barningham] Magna, or [Barningham] Great, a parish in Erpingham [registration] district, Norfolk; 5 miles SE of Holt, and 15 ENE of Ryburgh [railway] station. Post Town: Holt, under Thetford. Acres: 833. Real property: £1,036. Population: 125. Houses: 23. The property is divided among a few. Barningham Hall, a fine Tudor mansion, is the seat of J. T. Mott, Esq. A market and a fair were formerly held in the parish, under grant of Edward II. to Roger le Curzam. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £135. Patron: J. T. Mott, Esq. The church is partly a ruin."
Barningham-Town was directly south of Barningham-Norwood. Both parishes were much smaller than their names suggest, and in 1935 each was absorbed by a neighbouring civil parish: Matlaske in the case of Barningham-Town and Gresham in the case of Barningham-Norwood. The ecclesiastical parishes are merged with each other.