Barnesboro, Pennsylvania was a borough located in Cambria County, Pennsylvania, USA. The area was first settled by Europeans in the early-to-middle 19th century. The presence of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River allowed loggers to move their harvest down stream. Small farms developed, but the town came into existence in 1894 when bituminous coal mining of extensive coal fields in the area became the dominant industry. The town was named for Thomas Barnes of the Barnes and Tucker Coal company, which opened mines in the area. The several mining companies required skilled workers and many came from Great Britain and Eastern Europe. Railroads were built to transport the coal out and the town flourished with the influx of money. Barnesboro existed from 1894 to 2000 when it merged with the adjacent borough of Spangler to create the borough of Northern Cambria. The local public school district is the Northern Cambria School District, whose athletic teams play under the nickname "Colts" and wear black and gold as the school colors. The current zip code of Northern Cambria is 15714.
Barnesboro is located at 40°39'21" North, 78°46'46" West (40.655813, -78.779472).