Place:Barking, Suffolk, England


Located inSuffolk, England
source: Family History Library Catalog

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Barking is a village and civil parish in the Mid Suffolk district of the English county of Suffolk. It is west of Needham Market on the B1078 road. The village is linear along the road with its centre being around the area known as Barking Tye and away from the large village church of St Mary. There are six bells that hang the church of St Mary with the largest weighing 11 cwt - 1 qr - 7 lb. All 6 bells were recast and rehung in 1911 by Alfred Bowell.

Barking Woods is a Site of Special Scientific Interest made up of a number of wooded areas mainly to the south of the village. These are ancient woodlands documented since the 13th century and including many coppiced and pollarded Oak and Ash trees covering a total of . One of the sites has active badger setts. Suffolk Wildlife Trust owns part of the largest of the wooded areas, Bonny Woods, which it operates as a nature reserve of , maintaining the coppiced woodland as a series of habitats.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Barking, Suffolk. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.