|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England (1955 - )|
|See also||Haltwhistle Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1955-1974|
|Ridley, Northumberland, England||civil parish from which it was formed in 1955|
|Thorngrafton, Northumberland, England||civil parish from which it was formed in 1955|
|Tynedale District, Northumberland, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Bardon Mill is a village in Northumberland, England. It is situated to the west of Haydon Bridge and Hexham, on the River South Tyne.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bardon Mill from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BARDON-MILL, a railway station in Northumberland; on the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, adjacent to the South Tyne river, 4 miles W of Haydon Bridge. Here is a post office under Carlisle."
Bardon Mill was formed as a civil parish in 1955 from the former large civil parishes of Ridley and Thorngrafton. Until 1974 it was part of Haltwhistle Rural District. In 1974 rural districts were abolished and Bardon Mill became part of the Tynedale District until 2009 when Northumberland became a unitary authority.
The geographical area of the civil parish is over 8,000 acres.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.