- source: Family History Library Catalog
Bank Top (also known as Southowram Top) is located in the West Riding of Yorkshire. It is a neighbouring hamlet to the village of Southowram. Southowram is now very close to the edge of the town of Halifax.
Historically, Bank Top was in the ecclesiastical parish of Halifax in the Morley division of the wapentake of Agbrigg and Morley. From 1894 until 1937, Bank Top was located in Southowram Urban District. In 1937 Southowram Urban District was abolished and the area was taken into Brighouse Municipal Borough until the Calderdale metropolitan area was established in 1974.
- GENUKI on Bank Top. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Halifax provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps for what is now South Yorkshire, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding South 1900. The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (the southern part of Bradford, the southern part of Leeds, the southern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the southern part of Selby, Goole Rural District, and all the divisions of Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the whole of the West Riding after the revisions of 1935.
Help fund new features!