Place:Ballycor, County Antrim, Northern Ireland


Coordinates54.81177°N 5.97244°W
Located inCounty Antrim, Northern Ireland
source: Family History Library Catalog

Historical description

Extracts pertaining to local and historical information are taken from a Topographical Dictionary of Ireland by Samuel Lewis published in 1837.

BALLYCOR, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 1 mile (N. by E.) from Ballyclare: the population is returned with the parish of Ballyeaston. This parish, which is situated on the road from Broughshane to Larne, and is bounded on the north and east by the Six-mile-water, comprises 7330 statute acres, according to the Ordnance survey. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Connor, and is partly one of the five parishes which constitute the union and corps of the prebend of Carncastle in the cathedral of Connor, and partly one of the two which form the perpetual curacy of Ballyeaston.