Place:Bagthorpe with Barmer, Norfolk, England

Watchers
NameBagthorpe with Barmer
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates52.864°N 0.678°E
Located inNorfolk, England     (1935 - )
See alsoGallow Hundred, Norfolk, Englandhundred in which the former parishes were located
Docking Rural, Norfolk, Englandrural district in which the parish and its predecessors was located 1894-1974
King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, Englanddistrict municiplaity covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
source: Family History Library Catalog


the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Bagthorpe with Barmer is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It was created in 1934 from the hamlets and civil parishes of Bagthorpe and Barmer (both redirected here), and is situated some 15 km west of Fakenham and 20 km northeast of King's Lynn.

The civil parish has an area of 9.05 km2 and in the 2001 census had a population of 53 in 22 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the District of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.

Barmer All Saints is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk.

Bagthorpe

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bagthorpe from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"BAGTHORPE, a parish in Docking [registration] district, Norfolk; 7½ miles N by W of Rougham, and 9 WNW of Fakenham [railway] station. Post Town: Bircham under Rougham. Acres: 750. Real property: £830. Population: 69. Houses: 14. The property is divided among a few. Bagthorpe Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £125. Patron: the Rev. S. R. Cattley. The church is good."

Barmer

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Barmer from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"BARMER, a parish in Docking (registration] district, Norfolk; 3 miles SSE of Stanhoe [railway] station, and 6 S by W of Burnham-Westgate. Post Town: Syderstone, under Fakenham. Acres: 890. Real property: £1,183. Population: 62. Houses, 9. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £5. Patron: T. Kearslake, Esq. The church is now used only as a burial-place."

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Bagthorpe with Barmer. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.