Awsworth is a village and civil parish in the Broxtowe district of Nottinghamshire, England. It had a population of 2,266 in 2001. The village is near the edge of the Greater Nottingham area, between Kimberley and Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Awsworth has been a civil parish since 1894.
The parish church of St Peter consists of a remaining chancel from the brick church of 1746 and a nave which was rebuilt in 1902-03 by Naylor and Sale of Derby in a freely adapted Gothic style. A northwest tower was projected but never built.