Aughton is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 7 miles (11 km) north-west of the market town of Howden and 9 miles (14 km) south-west of the market town of Pocklington. It lies west of the B1228 road and east of the River Derwent. Bubwith is the parish immediately to the south.
The parish of Aughton was abolished in 1935 and the area was merged with the neighbouring parish of Ellerton. The parish has recently been renamed Ellerton and Aughton.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.