|Alt names||Aldelime||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 52|
|Bunsley Bank||source: hamlet in parish|
|Chapel End||source: hamlet in parish|
|Corbrook||source: hamlet in parish|
|Cox Bank||source: hamlet in parish|
|Daisy Bank in Audlem||source: hamlet in parish|
|Gorse Croft||source: hamlet in parish|
|Kinsey Heath||source: hamlet in parish|
|Little Heath||source: hamlet in parish|
|Longhill||source: hamlet in parish|
|Raven's Bank||source: hamlet in parish|
|Salford||source: hamlet in parish|
|Swanbach||source: hamlet in parish|
|West View||source: hamlet in parish|
|Woolfall||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Audlem is a large village and civil parish located in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire in the north west of England, approximately 11 km (6.8 mi) south of Nantwich. Close to the border with the neighbouring county of Shropshire, the village is eight miles (13 km) east of Whitchurch and seven miles (11 km) north of Market Drayton. According to the 2001 census, the population of the entire civil parish was 1,790.
- GENUKI provides the following information
Audlem was also an ancient parish in Nantwich Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. It includes the hamlets of Bunsley Bank, Chapel End (part), Copthorne, Corbrook (part), Cox Bank, Daisy Bank in Audlem, Gorse Croft, Kinsey Heath (part), Little Heath, Longhill (part), Raven's Bank (part), Salford, Swanbach, West View, and Woolfall (part). The population was 965 in 1801, 1,591 in 1851, 1,455 in 1901 and 1,315 in 1951.
The ancient parish church was dedicated to St. James the Great (Church of England). There is also a Baptist Chapel built in 1840, a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel built in 1862, and two Primitive Methodist Chapels, one in Cox Bank built in 1861, and the other in Audlem which was built in 1871 and closed in 1943 (registers of baptisms 1878-1926 at the Cheshire Record Office).
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Audlem, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England