Place:Attington, Oxfordshire, England

TypeExtra parochial area, Civil parish
Coordinates51.707°N 0.997°W
Located inOxfordshire, England     ( - 1932)
See alsoThame Hundred, Oxfordshire, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England|rural district in which it was located 1894-1932
Tetsworth, Oxfordshire, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1932
Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1932-1974
South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Attington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"ATTINGTON, an extra-parochial tract in Thame [registration] district, Oxford; 3 miles S of Thame. Acres: 435. Population: 15. Houses: 3."

Attington was an extra parochial area immediately south of Thame parish and east of Tetsworth. It was made a civil parish in 1858 and in 1932 was absorbed into the parish of Tetsworth. Between 1894 and 1932 it was part of the Thame Rural District.

Research Tips