|Alt names||Estuuiche||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 29|
|Located in||Bedfordshire, England|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Astwick is a village and civil parish in the Central Bedfordshire district of Bedfordshire, England.
It is located on the River Ivel, just to the north of Stotfold. Hinxworth, in the neighbouring county of Hertfordshire, is also nearby. The Great North Road passes just to the east of the village.
Astwick was first recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086. Until the mid-19th century, the parish formed part of the hundred of Biggleswade.
The village has one church, the Parish Church of St Guthlac, one of only two churches in England dedicated to this saint. Another notable building is the moated Astwick Bury, which dates from around 1700 and is Grade II listed.
The parish is too small to have a parish council and instead has a parish meeting.