- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Assington is a village and civil parish in the Babergh district of Suffolk, England. Located near Sudbury, in 2005 it had a population of 380.
According to Eilert Ekwall the meaning of the village name is homestead of Assi. The village was mentioned in the Domesday Book, at which time it had a population of 79.
There are six bells that hang the church of St Edmund with the largest weighing approximately 10cwt - 2qr. All 6 bells were cast and rehung in 1890 by John Warner. They currently remain unringable..