Askeaton, also historically spelt Askettin, is a town in County Limerick, Ireland. Located on the N69, the town is built on the banks of the River Deel some 3 km upstream from the estuary of the River Shannon.
Among the many historic structures in the town are a Franciscan friary dating from 1389 and a castle dating from 1199. The castle was abandoned to crown forces in 1580 - its walls blown up by the fleeing defenders - after the fall of Carrigafoyle Castle to the English during the Desmond Rebellions. Askeaton was a constituency in the Irish House of Commons represented by two members until the dissolution of the parliament in 1801