Ashwellthorpe was a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, situated some 6 km south-east of Wymondham and 20 km south-west of Norwich. Since 1935 the parish has included not only the village of Ashwellthorpe but also that of Fundenhall, which is 1 km distant, although rather farther by road.
The civil parish has an area of 9.74 km2 and in the 2001 UK census had a population of 756 in 301 households, the population falling to 750 at the 2011 UK census. For the purposes of local government, the parish is located within the District of South Norfolk. The combined parish was known as Ashwellthorpe until 2003, when it adopted its current name of Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall.