|Name||Ashington and Sheepwash|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Bothal, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Morpeth Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1996|
|Ashington, Northumberland, England||urban district formed from part of the parish in 1896|
|Sheepwash, Northumberland, England||civil parish formed from part of the parish in 1896|
|Morpeth Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which Sheepwash was part 1894-1935|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ashington and Sheepwash from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "ASHINGTON and SHEEPWASH, a township in Bothal parish, Northumberland; on the river Wansbeck, 3¼ miles E of Morpeth. Acres: 688. Population: 76. Houses: 13."
Ashington and Sheepwash was a township in the ancient parish of Bothal and was a civil parish from 1866 until 1896 within Morpeth Rural District. In 1896 it was split into its component parts of Ashington and Sheepwash with Ashington becoming an urban district and absorbing areas from other townships, and Sheepwash remaining as a civil parish in Morpeth Rural District until 1935 when it also joined Ashington Urban District.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Ashington and Sheepwash, Northumberland, England | Bothal, Northumberland, England | Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, England | Ashington, Northumberland, England | Sheepwash, Northumberland, England | Morpeth Rural, Northumberland, England