|Type||Civil parish, Urban district|
|Located in||Northumberland, England (1896 - )|
|See also||Ashington and Sheepwash, Northumberland, England||township from which Ashington was part formed in 1896|
|Bothal Demesne, Northumberland, England||township from which Ashington was part formed in 1896|
|North Seaton, Northumberland, England||township absorbed in early 1900s|
|Hirst, Northumberland, England||township absorbed in early 1900s|
|Sheepwash, Northumberland, England||township absorbed in early 1935|
|Wansbeck District, Northumberland, England||district municipality into which it was merged in 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.