Place:Ashford, Middlesex, England

Coordinates51.432°N 0.459°W
Located inMiddlesex, England
Also located inStaines, Middlesex, England    
Surrey, England     (1965 - present)
source: Family History Library Catalog

Research Tips

Ashford was historically a chapelry of the parish of Staines, later becoming a separate parish in its own right. From 1894 to 1930 it was part of Staines Rural District and from 1930 it was part of Staines Urban District. In 1965, Staines Urban District was one of the few parts of Middlesex not to be absorbed into Greater London, transferring instead to Surrey.