Place:Ashdon, Essex, England

Watchers
NameAshdon
Alt namesAscendunasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 100
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates52.05°N 0.3°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoSaffron Walden Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
Uttlesford (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Ashdon is a village and civil parish in Essex, England. The village is approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of the nearest town, Saffron Walden. It is on the River Bourn, a tributary to the River Granta, a tributary to the River Cam. The village is close to the Essex/Cambridgeshire county border. According to the 2001 census the population of the parish was 792.

Apart from Ashdon village, the parish also includes Stevington End and Church End.

The parish was part of the Saffron Walden Rural District from 1894 until 1974. Since 1974 it has been located in the Uttlesford District of Essex.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Ashdon. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.