Place:Ashby cum Fenby, Lincolnshire, England

Watchers


NameAshby cum Fenby
Alt namesAshby-cum-Fenbysource: Domesday Book (1985) p 170
Ashby-with-Fenbysource: Family History Library Catalog
Fendebisource: Domesday Book (1985) p 170
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates53.483°N 0.117°W
Located inLincolnshire, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Ashby cum Fenby is a village and civil parish in North East Lincolnshire, England, approximately south from Grimsby, and just east of the A18 road.

In the 2001 Census the population was recorded as 248. The village was recorded in the Domesday Book.

Ashby cum Fenby Grade II* listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Peter. The church has an Early English tower, aisle and belfry, a Decorated chancel, and Perpendicular font. Beneath the tower are remaining parts of a 13th-century rood screen. In the north aisle are monuments to Sir William Wray (d. 1617) and his wife Frances (d. 1647), and to Susanna Drury, sister of Frances.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Ashby cum Fenby. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.