Place:Arendtsville Lutheran Reformed, Arendtsville, Adams, Pennsylvania, United States

Watchers
NameArendtsville Lutheran Reformed
TypeCemetery
Located inArendtsville, Adams, Pennsylvania, United States
Also located inAdams, Pennsylvania, United States    

Located on the site of present Adams Co. National Bank building, where a Union Church was built about 1787. A 1909 publication reported that N. A. Gobrect found "over 1200 graves", many with "no stones or markers, many of those having been broken off or pulled out by vandal hands to be piled up, with few exceptions in the corner of the old graveyard." In 1922, D. C. Jacobs reported that on 26 May the remaining broken stones were gathered from the weeds and rubbish and buried on the southeastern portion of the cemetery where inscriptions could be read. Records were made of them before the stones were buried.

Resource