Archdeacon Newton is a hamlet and rural parish of several farms in the borough of Darlington and the ceremonial county of County Durham, in England. It is associated with an abandoned village site under pasture and farm buildings, and situated a short distance to the north-west of Darlington. The lost settlement was in existence by the early 15th century, and remained inhabited at least until the 1890s. There was a moated manor house at the southern end, part of which remains as the Old Hall, now a barn. At the north end of the site was the chapel, and in the middle were tofts and enclosures, with a ridge and furrow field and a trackway leading to the south-east. The site of the abandoned village is now a scheduled monument and the Old Hall is a listed building.
Archdeacon Newton was originally a township in the ancient parish of Darlington in County Durham. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Darlington Rural District. In 1915 it absorbed part of the parish of Cockerton which was abolished at that time. Since 1974 it has been part of the larger Darlington non-metropolitan district, a unitary authority.