Allerthorpe is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south-west from the town of Pocklington.
The civil parish was formed by the village of Allerthorpe and the hamlet of Waplington in 1935. Prior to 1935 Waplington was also a civil parish. According to the 2011 UK census, Allerthorpe parish had a population of 220, a slight reduction from the 2001 UK census figure of 223. The parish covers an area of 969.2 hectares (2,395 acres).
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.
Thomas Cooke, the machinist and optical instrument maker, was born here. There is a memorial stone to him near the church gate and a blue plaque was unveiled in the village hall in 2009. William Dewsbury, the Quaker minister, was also born in the village.