- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Aldersey is a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It contains the villages of Aldersey Green and Aldersey Park, and is about 9 miles (14 km) south-east of Chester. According to the 2001 census the parish had a population of 72.
Before 1866 Aldersey was a township in the ancient parish of Coddington in the Broxton Hundred of Cheshire.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.