- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Alderley was one of the eight ancient parishes of the Macclesfield Hundred of Cheshire, England. It included the following townships:
Under the Poor Law Amendment Act 1886 these townships became civil parishes in their own right. The three parishes became part of Macclesfield Rural District in 1894. On the abolition of the rural district in 1974 they became part of the new Macclesfield district, a non-metropolitan district with borough status. The Borough of Macclesfield was abolished on 1 April 2009 and the parishes were transferred to the new Cheshire East unitary authority.