|Name||Aldbrough (near Richmond)|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Stanwick St. John, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Gilling West Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
|Richmond Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which it was situated 1894-1974|
|Richmondshire District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Aldbrough from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "ALDBROUGH, a township and a [registration] subdistrict in the [registration] district of Richmond, [North Riding of] Yorkshire. The township is in the parish of St. John Stanwick, on a tributary of the Tees, 7 miles N by E of Richmond; and has a post office under Darlington. Acres: 1,636. Real property: £3,099. Population: 420. Houses: 109. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
- "The [registration] subdistrict comprises two entire parishes and part of a third. Acres: 11,996. Population: 1,706. Houses: 390."
Categories: North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Aldbrough (near Richmond), North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Stanwick St. John, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Gilling West Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Richmond Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England | Richmondshire District, North Yorkshire, England | North Yorkshire, England