|Alt names||Aldbury||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Bullingdon Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Albury from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "ALBURY, or Aldbury, a parish in Thame [registration] district, Oxford; near the river Thame, 3 miles NW of Tetsworth, and around Tiddington [railway] station. It includes Tiddington hamlet. Post Town: Tetsworth. Acres: 1,110. Real property: £1,281. Population: 183. Houses: 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value: £276. Patron: the Earl of Abingdon. The church is very good. Charities: £10."
Since 1932 Albury has been a village in the civil parish of Tiddington with Albury, about 5 miles (8 km) west of Thame in Oxfordshire, England. Prior to that it was a separate civil parish in the Thame Rural District.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Albury, Oxfordshire, England | Bullingdon Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Thame Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England | South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England