Albrighton is a small village and was historically a manor. Albrighton Hall, built in 1630, was the manor house and now serves as a hotel.
The church of Albrighton was formerly a Chapel of Ease to St. Mary's, in Shrewsbury. The townships of Wollascott and Leaton were connected with it. In 1860, with Perrill and Broad Oak, it was formed into an ecclesiastical parish. The new church of St. John the Baptist, which stands on the foundations of the older building, was opened 30 May 1841.