Place:Great Bentley, Essex, England

Watchers
NameGreat Bentley
Alt namesBenetleasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 102
Benetleiasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 102
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates51.855935°N 1.061769°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoTendring Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
Tendring (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Great Bentley is a village and civil parish in the Tendring district of north Essex, England, located seven miles east of Colchester.

The parish contains 2500 inhabitants, and 3,188 acres (13 km²) of fertile land, including hills and valleys, and extending southward to the Flag Creek, a tidal creek which connects with the Colne, near Brightlingsea. The civil parish also contains the hamlet of Aingers Green.

Great Bentley is the second largest village in the Tendring district, with a population of 2,381. The village has road, rail and bus links.

The parish was part of the Tendring Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Tendring District of Essex.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Great Bentley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!