Admington is a village and civil parish which, since 1935 (possibly 1931), has been located in the English county of Warwickshire. Since 1974 it has been in the Stratford-on-Avon District. It is known as "Edelmintone" in the Domesday Book. The name Admington means 'estate associated with a man called Æthelhelm'. In the 2001 census the parish had a population of 100. The village is 1 mile (1.6 km) north-west from Ilmington and 4 miles (6.4 km) north-east from Chipping Campden.
Admington was not made a civil parish until 1866 and in the time before that it was part of Quinton parish. It was transferred from Gloucestershire to Warwickshire along with a number of neighbouring parishes in Campden Rural District to Stratford-on-Avon Rural District in 1931 or 1935. Sources differ on the date. For more information on this transfer (and a diagrammatic map), see Campden Rural District.
A 19th century description
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Admington from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles' of 1887:
Online sources which may also be helpful: