Place:Adforton, Herefordshire, England

Alt namesAdforton Stanway Paytoe and Grangesource: Family History Library Catalog
Alfertintunesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 129
Coordinates52.333°N 2.867°W
Located inHerefordshire, England
Also located inHereford and Worcester, England     (1974 - 1998)
Herefordshire, England     (1998 - )
See alsoWigmore Hundred, Herefordshire, Englandhundred of which the parish was a part
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Adforton is a small village and civil parish in north Herefordshire, England.

It has a church which doubles as a community hall. It is situated on the A4110 main road approximately north of Hereford. Adforton is a small residential area located in the West of England in north Herefordshire. The area is located north of Wigmore, close to the Wales border, and is surrounded by agricultural fields.

In 1870-72, Adforton was described as

"a township with Stanway, Paytoe, and Grange, in the parish of Leintwardine, in Hereford 2 miles north west of Wigmore with a population of 250 people and 57 houses within the area," by John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales.

It had a population of 128 according to the 2011 census.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Adforton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.