Place:Addison, Dallas, Texas, United States

Watchers


NameAddison
TypeCity
Coordinates32.958°N 96.835°W
Located inDallas, Texas, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Addison is a incorporated town in Dallas County, Texas, in the United States. The population was 13,056 at the 2010 census. Addison is a northern suburb of Dallas.

History

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

The land occupied by Addison was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house near White Rock Creek. In 1902 the community named itself Addison, after Addison Robertson, who served as postmaster from 1908 to 1916. The first industry was a cotton gin, opening in 1902 on Addison Road.

The community was formerly known as Noell Junction after settler Sidney Smith Noell, after whom Noel Road and Knoll Trail are named.

The City of Addison was incorporated on June 15, 1953. The first mayor of Addison was M. W. Morris, and the aldermen were Guy Dennis, Robert W. Wood, J. E. Julian, Jr., Dr. H. T. Nesbit, and Seldon Knowles. In 1982 the name was changed to "Town of Addison".

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Addison, Texas. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.