Acklington is a small village in Northumberland, England. It is situated to the south-west of Amble, inland from the North Sea coast. It is served by Acklington railway station. The name is Anglo-Saxon Old English 'farmstead of Eadlac's people'.
Acklington won the title of Northumberland Village of the Year in 2007. It has a parish church, St John the Divine, and a Church of England primary school.
To the north of Acklington is Morwick Hall a Grade II listed Georgian house. It was built by the Grey family of Howick; in the 1850s it was owned by William Linskill, a former High Sheriff of Northumberland.
A World War II FW3/22 pillbox is located near the B6345.
A dam was constructed on the River Coquet in 1776, causing problems for the river's salmon population. Many years later, the eccentric naturalist Frank Buckland erected a sign directing the salmon to another stream.