Facts and Events
||Wynona Maye Williams
||23 Nov 1905
||Kansas City, Missouri
||Clinton County, Missouri age 4
||Jackson County, Missouri age 14
||Cook County, Illinois age23
||Telegraph Operator, Telegraph Company
||Oregon, United States
||13 Apr 1937
||Vancouver, Clark, Washington, United Statesto Clarence Phiefer
||Skagit, Washington, United States
||10 Jan 1982
||Mt. Veron, Skagit County, Washington, USA
||Mt. Vernon, Skagit, Washington, United StatesMt. Vernon Cemetery; cremation
Wynona M. Phiefer
Wynona M. Phiefer, 76, a Mount Vernon resident, died Sunday,Jan. 10, 1982, in a local nursing home. Born in Kansas City, MO. on Nov. 23, 1905, she was the daughter of J.D. and Sophie Williams.
Later, she moved with her parents to Montana and in 1932 moved to Oregon.
In May, 1933, she married Clarence Phiefer in Vancouver, Wash.
The couple came to Mount Vernon in 1971 where she had resided since.
Surviving is her husband, Clarence, of Mount Vernon.
At her request, no funeral services will be held.
Cremation was held at the Hawthorne Lawn Crematory under the direction of Kern Funeral Home. Interment will be at Washelli Cemetery in Seattle.
On 7 Jan., 2006, I spoke to Leonard Phiefer in Oak Harbor, Washington regarding Clarence and Wynona. He is related to them and never knew of them having any children of thier own. Glen Williams.
January 9, 2006
I recieved your letter the other day and will tell you all I know about Wynona Phiefer. Her husband, Clarence, was my uncle (my mother's younger brother). Wynona and Clarence were good friends as well as relatives. They had no children and since I am an only child, I was quite fond of them. In fact Wynona escorted me to school on my first day at Clearlake, Washington grade school. They lived in Clearlake for several years and then moved to Seattle. They would often visit us with thier beautiful samoyd dogs. When they retired they built a house on a lake in a rural area. They moved back to Skagit County when they felt they needed to be closer to doctors, relatives, etc. Wynona had a stroke and had to spend the last few years of her life in a nursing home. Clarence visited her every day so he could feed her and care for her. They were devoted to one another and when she died Clarence was very lonely and finally lived with my mother before they both needed extra care.
I was surprised to get your letter because I had never heard Wynona talk about her family. Pherhaps I was just young and didn't pay much attention to things like that----I wish my mother or uncle were still alive so I could ask them questions.
I hope this will help with your genealogy search. I have given you about as much information as I can remember, but I am fuzzy about dates.
Sincerely, Jackie Mooney.
Wynona is listed as a student in School Dist. 16, Hill County, MOntana in 1922.
- Obituary Index, in Skagit Valley Genealogical Society, Secondary quality.
PHIEFER, Wynona M. Williams, age 76, b. 23 Nov 1905 Kansas City MO, d. 10 Jan 1982
- ↑ Burial records, in Mt. Vernon Cemetery, Primary quality.
In correspondence between Glen Williams and Mt. Vernon Cemetery, Wynona was cremated and her ashes are next to Clarence, her husband.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 George Williams.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Glen Williams.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T623), Primary quality.
- ↑ Glen Ernest Williams.
- ↑ George Ernest Williams.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T625), Primary quality.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T626).
Il., Cook County, Chicago, E.D. 16-2711, page 10B
- ↑ 1922 School Census Report.
School Dist. 16, Hill County, MT.
- ↑ Virginia Naber.
- ↑ Sophia Williams family bible.
In the possession of Thomas Teela, P.O. Box 1819 La Pine, Oregon 97739. Tom married Elizabeth Winchell, granddaughter of Sophia Williams.
- ↑ Sophia Williams family bible.
- ↑ Obituary for Sophia Rimmer.
- ↑ Social Security Death Index, SSDI.
- ↑ East Clear Lake Precinct, Skagit, Washington, in United States. Geological Survey. United States. (Washington [District of Columbia]: Department of Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 1973), HH 111, Primary quality.
East Beaver Lake Road, owns farm worth $1200
Phiefer, Clarence, 35, married, completed 8th grade, b. MN, five years ago in Kelso, Cowlitz, Washington, not employed, looking for work, unemployed 13 weeks, logger in logging woods, worked 30 weeks last year, annual income $750, has other sources of income
, Wynona, wife, 34, married, 4 yrs High School, b. MO, 5 yrs ago in Kelso, Cowlitz, Washington, not employed, does housework at home
, John, 74, widower, 2 years college, b. Netherlands, at same house 5 years ago, not employed but has a job, farm, works for self, no annual [paid] income, other sources of income
- ↑ Suffered stroke a few years before passing away.