Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Wulfhilde Billung of Saxony (1072 – 29 December 1126 in Weingarten Abbey) was the eldest daughter of Magnus, Duke of Saxony and his wife, Sophia of Hungary.
She married Duke Henry IX of Bavaria. As a result of this marriage, part of the Billung possessions came into the hands of the House of Guelph. They had the following children:
- Henry X
- Conrad (died: 17 March 1126 in Bari, buried in Molfetta), a Cistercian monk
- Matilda (d. 1138), married Margrave Diephold IV of Vohburg (d. 1130) and Count Gebhard III of Sulzbach (d. 1188)
- Welf VI
- Wulfhilde, married Rudolph of Pullendof, Count of Bregenz (d. 1160)
Wulfhilde died in 1126 and was buried at Weingarten Abbey.
- Wulfhilde of Saxony, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- ↑ WULFHILD, in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.