Facts and Events
Wolfgang Käffer was one of the Early Settlers of Germanna Colony
Early Land Acquisition in Orange County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- Pages 67-70. 14-15 July 1735. Timothy Johnson of St. Mark's Parish, Orange County, to Michael Cafer of same. Lease and release; for £16 current money. 100 acres... on the south side of Island Run. (signed) Timothy (X) Johnson. Wit: Wm. Phillips, Joseph Hawkins, John Bransford. 15 July 1735. Acknowledged by Timothy Johnson. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 1, Dorman, pg. 5].
Disposition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- Pages 384-87. 5-6 Feb. 1740. Michael Kalfer of St. Mark's Parish, Orange County, to Adam Garr of same. Lease and release; for £2 current money. 100 acres... on the south side of Island run... (signed) Michael (M K) Kalfer. Wit: Wm. Henderson, Thomas Winland, Wm Crosswait. 28 May 1741. Acknowledged by Michael Kalfer. [Orange County, Virginia Deed Book 4, Dorman, pg. 61].
Information on Wolf Michael Kaeffer
Wolff Michael Kaefer (aka Michael Kaifer) (Reference # 770 & 774 & 794 & 798) was born c1695 in the Ansbach region of Mittelfranken, Germany and died c17 November 1768 in the part of Culpeper Co., Virginia that is now Madison Co. He married Anna Maria Blanckenbuhler (Reference # 771 & 775 & 795 & 799) c1721 in Virginia. She was christened 5 May 1687 at Neuenburg, Baden, Germany. For further information on her ancestors see the Blanckenbuhler/Blankenbaker Family. Anna Maria Blanckenbuhler had first married Johannes Thoma (30 December 1685-c1720 or 1721) 18 November 1711 at Neuenburg, Baden, Germany. Anna Maria Blanckenbuhler and both of her husbands were members of the 1717 Colony at Germanna.
Children of Anna Maria Blanckenbuhler and Johannes Thoma:
- Hans Wendel Thomas
- b. 17 April 1712 at Neuenburg, Baden, Germany
- Ursula Thomas
- b. 8 November 1714 at Neuenburg, Baden, Germany
- d. 8 November 1714 at Neuenburg, Baden, Germany
- Anna Magdelena Thomas
- b. 24 November 1715 at Neuenburg, Baden, German
- m. Michael Smith, Jr.
- Margaret Thomas
- b. c1718 at VA
- m. Henry Coller
- Michael Thomas
- b. c1720 at VA
- Children of Anna Maria Blanckenbuhler and Wolff Michael Kaefer:
- Dorothea Kaifer
- b. c1717
- d. before 1775
- m. John Clore (c1704-c1785) at VA
- Elizabeth Kaifer
- m. Adam Gaar
- Mary Kaifer
- m. Hans George Utz ( -c21 August 1766 when his will was probated) and had the following children: George Utz; Michael Utz ( -c1790); Margaret Utz; and Barbara Utz
- m. John Weaver (c1728-) at VA
- m. Nicholas Crigler ( -before 19 October 1789 when his estate probated) and had the following children:
- Elizabeth Crigler (8 August 1750-);
- Aron Crigler (9 July 1756-);
- Margaret Crigler (8 March 1759-);
- Nicholas Crigler, Jr. (14 April 1762-);
- Susanna (13 February 1764-);
- Anna Crigler (16 December 1768-);
- Abraham Crigler (3 June 1771-);
- Jacob Crilger (twin);
- and Ludwig Crigler (twin).
Help fund new features!