Facts and Events
William Woods was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of William Woods in Orange/Augusta County
- Orange Co. VA Order Book 1 - 22 May 1737, O.S. p. 169 - Ordered that John Hawkins clear the road from Wm. Woods to the Courthouse with his gang.
- 26 October 1738, O.S. p. 392 - Ordered that John Hawkins with his gang clear the road from William Woods to the Courthouse according to the Instructions of Benja: Porter.
- 23 Aug. 1745 O.S., p. 60 - William WOODS is Appointed Surveyor of the Road from the Foard on Mitchams River to Michael Woods.s Gapp on the Blue Mountains. and the Inhabitants above Mitchams River not allready Appointed on Other Roads are Ordered to Assist the said Woods in Clearing the Same
- Vol. 1 - OLD DEEDS, WILLS, INVENTORIES, POWERS OF ATTORNEY, ETC., TO BE FILED. - William Wood's will. Original, 1782.
- Page 419.--17th February, 1784. Recorded. William Woods' appraisement.
Information on William Woods
Col. William WOODS
BIRTH: 02 NOV 1715, Ireland
DEATH: 12 APR 1782, Greenbriar, Virginia
Father: Michael WOODS
Mother: Lady Mary CAMPBELL
Family 1: Susannah WALLACE
MARRIAGE: 1741, Albemarle County, Virginia
- Ancestry.com. Public Member Trees. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.Original data - Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.Original data: Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.), This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was .