Facts and Events
William Wills was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 819.--14th March, 1765. Robert McKetrick and Jane ( ) to Wm. Wills, 110 acres on a branch of Great Calfpasture; corner Robert Gay, line of Wm. Campbell's land, patented to Robert, May, 1759.
Disposition of Land in Virginia:
- William Wills sold his 110-acre tract on the Calfpasture to Thomas Adams of New Kent County. [Source: "Waddell's Annals of Augusta County, Virginia, from 1726 to 1871", pg. 331].
Records of William Wills in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - 1753-1754 (Part 1). - Inhabitants of Calf Pasture petition for a mill on the place of Andrew Loughridge, who has lately settled there. Thomas Gilham, Samuel Hodge, Andrew Kinkead, Robert Gum, John Kinkead, Robert Gay, Andrew Hamilton, Samuel Vincher, James Cambel, John Cambel, William Wils, William Hodge, Robert McKittrick.
- Page 708.--25th August, 1764. Thomas Gillham and Margaret to John Corolile, £45. 200 acres in Calfpasture bounded bv lands now in possession of Robert Gay's orphants, and Samuel Campbell's lands and William Wills' lands.
- September 1772 - John Mann Plft. vs. Soloman Carpenter Deft., in Trespass - This day came the parties by their attornies & thereupon came also a jury, towit: William Wills, Patrick Shirkey, Conrad Wall, Wm. Myle, William Campbell, Samuel Woods, John Potts, Andrew Smithers, George Asten, Daniel Heith, David Robinson & John Doones, who retd. a verdt. in favor of the plff. for damages of twelve pounds. Judgt. aecdgly. & costs. [Botetourt County Virginia Minutes, County Court September 1772].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).
Help fund new features!