William White, of Smith's Creek
Facts and Events
William White was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia’’’
- Not to be confused with William White, (1710-1766) of neighboring Frederick County, that married Sarah Bond.
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants 1742-1775, Volume 2:
- G-360: William White of Augusta County, 598 acres in said County. Surv. Mr. George Byrne. Adj. his land on R. Shannondoah, William Moore, Cornelias Ruddle, Smith's Creek. 4 Feb. 1749. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 41].
- G-240: William White of Augusta County, 410 acres in said County. Surv. Mr. George Byrne. On Smith's Creek, adj. Cornelius Ruddle, White's Old Patent. 21 July 1749. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants 1742-1775, Volume 2, pg. 34].
Records of William White in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - LIST OF MUSTERS IN AUGUSTA COUNTY - 1742: Capt. Peter Shoull's List: Peter Shoull, Captain; And. Burd, Lieutenant; Math. Skeens, Ensign; Abram Harden, John Hill, Johnath Burley, John Harison, Georg. Clemens, Wm. Halimes, Zebulun Harrison, Jno. Davis, Jno. Taylor, Joseph Burley, William White, Isaac Lotos, Wm. Sherral, Valante Severe, John Cumberland, Jacob Jacobs, Thos. Moor, Stephanes Haveworth, Jas. Haveworth, John Beeson, Steph. Howard, Absolom Howard, Joseph Howard, John Benson, Benj. Hames (Haines), John Harrison, Thos. Lowker, Griffiths Thomas, John White, Adam Sherral, Rob. Caldwal, John Miller, Will Brizes (Briges), Wm. Carrel, John Hodg, Absolom Haveworth, John Haveworth.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 12, 1746. - (43) William White, William James. Wm. Carroll, Morgan Briant--Appraisers John Dobikin's Estate.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1746. - (55) William White, witness.
- Page 22.--19th February, 1746-7. Reuben Allen qualifies administrator of Benj. Allen, with sureties Wm. White, Thomas Moore.
- Page 31.--12th June, 1746. John Dobikin's appraisement by Wm. White, Wm. Carrill, Wm. James. Recorded, 18th March, 1746.
- Page 78.--18th May, 1748. Isaiah Harrison qualifies administrator of Jos. Harrison, with sureties Jeremiah Harrison and Wm. White.
- Page 16.--19th July, 1748. Jacob Dye and wife Mary, farmer, to Ephraim Love, late of Lancaster County, Penna. Delivered: Wm. Hopkins, 6th March, 1753. Muddy Creek; corner Daniel Harrison, Wm. White, Wm. Carroll.
- Page 133.--17th May, 1749. Executor's bond as above (refers to preceding record, will of William Hill, weaver), with surety Wm. White.
- Page 169.--9th August, 1749. William Hill's appraisement by Wm. White, John Daubekins, Reuben Allen.
- Page 265.--30th August, 1750. William James' appraisement, by Wm. White, John Rudle, Reuben Allen.
- Page 361.--20th April, 1751. Andrew Bird's appraisement, by Wm. White, Wm. Carrol, John Ruddle.
- Page 399.--23d April. 1751. Appraisement of Daniel Davis by Wm. White, John Ruddle, Michael Waren.
- Page 230.--25th May, 1751. Abraham Vanderpool and Rebecca to George Yoccum (Yoccomb), No. 10 held by patent of Lord Fairfax, 19th October, 1748, on ye south fork of ye Wappaconee (or) Great South Branch of Potomac, 430 acres. Endorsed and delivered to James Machir for George Harnost, Sr., one of the heirs of the grantee, 16th July, 1806. Teste: Wm. White, Thomas Moore.
- Page 423.--3d September, 1751. Mary Allen's inventory, by Wm. White, Danl. Holdman, John Ruddell.
- Page 501.--16th May, 1753. Elizabeth Thomas and John Jones' bond as administrators of Morgan Thomas, with sureties Wm. White, Wm. Moore.
- Page 9.--2d September, 1753. William Clark, Sr.'s, will, farmer--Wife, Elizabeth Clark; son, John; son, William. Executors, wife Elizabeth and son William. Teste: John White, William White, John Ruddle. Proved, 20th March, 1754, by John and Wm. White. Son William qualifies, with sureties Moses and Abraham Bird.
Information on William White
From "Early Lutheran Baptisms and Marriages in Southeastern Pennsylvania", pg. 12:
William White (Shenandoah)
- White, Ruth. b. Feb. 28, 1732, bap., June 1737
- White, Charity, b. March 6, 1734, bap. June 1737
- White, Benjamin, b. in Jan. 1736, bap. June 1737
- Sponsors, the parents themselves.
Help fund new features!