d.BEF 8 OCT 1898
Facts and Events
||BEF 8 OCT 1898
Civil War Service
- Application 584557; Certificate 395553
- Widow's Pension: Application 719752, Certificate 500693
- NOTE: The card has this statement: "Not identical with Wid. Orig. 688823, Wm. White alias Wm. Phillips A 1 Ohio H.A." The Wm. White/Wm. Phillips card has only a widow's application number and no certificate number, an indication that the pension was not approved. There is no second William White nor a William Phillips in the Official Roster or in the Civil War Soldiers System database.
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ Date of death based upon date of soldier's pension application; no date was given for the widow's application.