b.7 May 1847
d.12 May 1884
Facts and Events
Link to photo of William's tombstone on FindAGrave.com
Civil War Service
Served in Company B with his brother-in-law Ananias Wills.
- No veteran's pension
- Widow's Pension: Application 319179, Certificate 231517
- Minor's Pension: Application 489253, no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Find A Grave.