m. bef 1745
- William Westabout 1746 - 1829
- James Westabt 1756 - bef 1782
Facts and Events
There are 15 vital records available on MyHeritage for William West, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for William West
William West was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 23, 1767. - (447) Juror: William West.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 22, 1769. - (96) Timothy Warren appointed Constable, vice William West.
- Page 144.--19th August, 1773. Recorded, viz: 1770--Thomas Rutherford's estate, to Evan Price and Elizabeth, his wife. 9th May--To Reuben Rutherford, William West, Dochther Knave, James Bruster. 9th May-- By vendue to, viz: Rebecca Paretree, John Dobbins, Evan Philips, FrancisDove, Martin Grider. (Note: Thomas Rutherford was the father-in-law of William West).
- Page 342.--14th August, 1774. Reuben Rutherford and Eliner ( ) to Felix Gilbert, part of 134 acres conveyed to Reuben by his father Joseph Rutherford, part of 400 acres patented to James Wood. 12th January, 1746, and by him devised to Mary by will recorded in Frederick. Teste: John Brownlow, Jacob Woodle. William West.
- Greene County, Tennessee
- Court of Pleas & Quarter Sessions
- Page 301: Monday 27th April 1829 - On motion of Simon Pope and James West, who entered into bond with William Brothertin Sr., Michael Bright Sr. and John Couch Jr. their Securities in the Sum of $3000, payable and conditioned, as the Law directs, administration is granted them on the Estate of William West, Dec'd and the said Simon Pope and James West having taken the oath of Administration, it is ordered that letters Ifsue to them accordingly.[Greene County, Tennessee, County Court Minute Books, Vol. Jan. 1828 - Aug. 1829].
- Page 30: 7 Jun l834 - Account of the estate, William West's estate was inventoried on the "lst and 2nd of May l829." [Citation: http://genforum.com/west/messages/11589.html].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=5013:2292&ref2=5013:2294