William Todd, of Buffalo Creek, Augusta County, VA
Facts and Events
||William Todd, of Buffalo Creek, Augusta County, VA
||to Alice Unknown
William Todd was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
William Todd's land (Whistle Creek, 400 acres, 1750) as shown on the map designed by Richard McMurtry of Los Gatos, CA. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of Richard McMurtry, December, 2009. (Note: Whistle Creek is just outside of the Borden Tract along its southwestern boundary).
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 749.--31st March, 1760. Robert Young to Wm. Todd, 400 acres on North Br. of Buffalo Creek, Benj. Borden's line.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 107.--20th November, 1761. William Todd, of Bedford, to Samuel Todd, of Augusta, £40, 400 acres on the head of North Branch of Buffalo Creek, Benj. Borden's line. Teste: James Hutton. Delivered: Wm. Lusk, January, 1765.
Descendancy Chart of William Todd
(Courtesy of Richard McMurtry, Los Gatos, CA)
Records of William Todd in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 21, 1753. - (415) Joseph Long and James Young, overseers, with Robert Young, Joseph Long, Samuel Gibson, Solomon Whitley, John Collier, William Hall, Gilbert Crawford, George Gibson, John Ruckman, Thomas Burton, Wm. Wadington, Wm. Brown, James Moore, John Hanna, James Huston, Wm. Todd, James Bats, James Todd, James Young, Patrick Young, John Carr and James Campbell--keep the road from Joseph Long's Mill to James Young's Mill, thence to the Great Road on James Thompson's Plantation.
- Vol. 2 - 1753-1754 (Part 1). - Petition for road from Joseph Long's mill to James Young's mill and by William Hall's, on the North River, and into the Great Road on James Thompson's plantation. It is our course to meeting, mill and market. John Carr, James Campbell, Robert Young, Joseph Long, Samuel Gibson, Solomon Whitly, John Collyer, William Hall, Gilbert Crawford, George Gibson, John Ruckman, James Barton, William Waddington, William Brown, James Moore, John Hanna, James Hutton, William Todd, James Bates, James Footd, James Young, Patrick Young.
- Page 744.--James Young, miller, to Lou (s/b Low) Todd, carpenter. Delivered: William Todd, 16th May, 1756, 251 acres Fork of James, on Whistle Creek where Todd now liveth; corner Mathew Young. Teste: Arthur and Abraham Brown, James McCown. (Note: Low Todd was the son of this William Todd).
- Page 534.--15th March, 1758. Jno. Lyle to James McKee, £35, 210 acres, part of Borden's 92100; cor. Mathew Lyle; cor. Jno. Gray. Teste: Wm. Todd, Mathew Lyle, Robert Huston. Delivered: Jno. Lyle, 16th August, 1774.
- Page 373.--17th May, 1762. Borden's executors to James Davis, husbandman, £165, 436 acres, part of 92100; cor. to patent line and William Todd; Todd's, Robert Young's and the patent line, Buffalow Creek, Low Todd's line; cor. Peter Wallace. Teste: George Pearis, John Neily, Joseph Gray.
- Page 318.--15th October, 1765. James Hutton (Hatton) and Ally ( ) to David Wallace, £61.10, 84 acres on a north branch of Buffalo Creek in Forks of James joining land formerly William Todd's. now the property of Wm. McKee. Teste: Wm. McKee.
- Page 374.--30th May, 1769. John Davis, of Roan County, North Carolina, to James Davis, of Forks of James, £62, 436 acres in Forks of James; corner William McKee's, formerly William Todd's land; corner Borden's tract, Robert Young's line, branch of Buffalo Creek; Hugh Cunningham's line. formerly Low Todd's; corner Peter Wallace. Teste: Samuel Wilson, James McMath, Archebeld McCurey, Samuel Davis.
- Vol. 2 - BOOK MARKED "RECORDS." - Page ___--Samuel Todd, son of William Todd, deposes, in Botetourt, 14th July, 1801. In 1754-1755, or 1756, Tobias Burk came to deponent's father's house. Burk had married one of Borden's sisters. Wm. bought from Benj., Jr.
- McMurtry, Richard K. Todd families of America collection of Richard K. McMurtry. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 2004).