Facts and Events
William Taylor was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 342.--10th May, 1762. Borden's executors to William Taylor. £12, 200 acres, part of 92100; cor. Isaac Taylor. William Lusk's line; Daniel Lyle's line, white oak on the Warm Run. Bought of Benj., the younger.
- Page 783.--5th March, 1765. Isaac Taylor, Sr., and Isabell ( ) to William Taylor, £5, 150 acres in Borden's tract; corner Andrew Taylor, on Mill Creek. Teste: Wm. Lusk, Samuel Lyle, Andrew Taylor. Delivered: Samuel Lyle, June, 1783.
Will of William Taylor
- Page 84.--20th October, 1767. William (mark) Talor's will, farmer-- To son, Isaac, infant, tract adjoining Mill Creek, corner in the Warm Run,corner before Andrew Taylor's door, William Lusk's line; to son, William, infant, tract testator lives on, joining Daniel Lyle; to son, James, infant; to 3 daughters, Martha, Isbell and Jemmina, infants; to youngest son; to wife, Elizabeth, executrix. Teste: Wm. Lusk, Daniel Lyle, James Lyle. Proved, 16th March, 1768, by Wm. Lusk and Danl. Lyle. Executrix qualified (mark), with Saml. and Danl. Lyle.
- Page 126.--14lh May, 1768. William Taylor's estate appraised, by David Gray, Henry McClung, William Lusk.
Records of William Taylor in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Page 377.--Processioners appointed as follows, viz (1764): William Robinson and James Robinson, from Heads of Roanoke to Fort Lewis. William Bryan and James Neilly, from Fort Lewis on Waters of Roan Oke. James Rowland and Joseph Montgomery, Thomas Ramsey and James Lawderdale, on Waters of Catawbo and James River on the South Side. James McGayvock, James Gilmore, John Poage, John Thompson, between Buffalo and James River. John Paxton, Abraham Brown, Andrew Miscampbell, Alex. Collier, between Buffalo and the North River to the North Mountain. Wm. Taylor, Thos. Paxton, Moses Whitesides, Jno. McClung, from North River to Beverley's line between the Great Road to the Court House and South Mountain. Andrew Hall, James Buchanan (son of William), Thos. Berry, James Trotter, from North River to Beverley's line between the Great Road to the Court House, by Cap. Bowyers and the North Mountain.
- Page 780.--5th March, 1765. Isaac ( ) Taylor to Andrew Taylor, £40, 250 acres; corner George Taylor, oak on Mill Creek; corner Wm. Taylor. Teste: Wm. Taylor. Delivered: Andrew Taylor, 10th March, 1772.
- Page 69.--10th August, 1767. Borden's executors to Benjamin Gray, £26, 260 acres, part of 92,100; corner widow Davison and William Taylor, poplar in Daniel Lyle's line, David Gray's corner. Delivered: Benjamin Gray, 26th September, 1773.
- Page 496.--17th March, 1767. Vendue recorded of Francis McCown's estate to, viz: Wm. Naper, David Dredan (vid Dryden), James Bets, Richd. Bush, Pat. McCampbell, Wm. Taylor, David Gum, Wm. Napen (Naper?), David Quin, William Wooley, Wm. Culbert. Settlement of above estate-- Paid Jno. McNabb, Francis Randalls, Robt. McKeney, Saml. Gest, James Telford.
Help fund new features!